All of us eventually face the difficult process of finding a competent, professional Phoenix home inspector when one is needed for an important project. Of course, buying a home is a very important project. If the home you wish to purchase is in the Phoenix metro area, your goal is to find and hire the best home inspection company in the area to help assure that there are no major defects with the property. The question is always one of finding the right company that will do a thorough and professional job. Here’s a step-by-step plan for how to do it:
- Ask your real estate agent for a referral of home inspectors they trust. Some conspiracy theorists tend to believe that a real estate agent might want to refer inspectors that downplay problems with the home and avoid warnings about defects. In almost all cases this is not true. Who better to get a referral from than a local real estate agent that is exposed to local inspectors daily.
- Do a web search. Look for local home inspectors online and read through the info on their website. Is it professional looking and well worded? What details about the company that are important to you are apparent?
- Get answers to the important questions (more is better): How long have they been in business? How many inspections have they completed?
- Make sure they carry errors & omissions insurance to at least the state required level. Some home inspectors only carry a bond which offers much less protection for you.
- Watch out for free offerings and discount prices. Very often these tactics are used by inexperienced inspectors trying hard to get their phone to ring. You need to see through the hype and avoid taking the bait.
We all face the same challenges when trying to hire a professional Phoenix home inspector. By following the outline above, it becomes less of a gamble and more of a sure thing when seeking the right company for the job.